Sunday, March 8, 2009

H809-1. The reluctant blogger

Okay, I do blog. But privately, to amuse myself.

I tend to use my blogs for cathartic rants, so they are not necessarily suitable for public consumption. But I will try to rein myself in for the duration of this course.

I also have an old-fashioned streak; I keep lots of notebooks, full of both careful notes and random lists, brainstorms and other scribblings. I like things I can carry around and leaf through. I like to study on public transport. I like the smell of paper and using different coloured pens, especially my Muji set of felt-tips in their cylindrical plastic holder. I like the measured boxes of graph paper and notebooks with divided sections. This is why I cannot guarantee I will blog each and every day.

I also like to go back and revise my previous posts in a different colour. Thus I find the reverse chronological order of the blog most confining.

Since I am investigating my students' blogging behaviours, it will undoubtedly be most instructive to simultaneously investigate my own...I may not be readily generalisable to other contexts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!