Tuesday, March 17, 2009

H809-8. I dig Diigo!















I was quite miffed to open up my Furled bookmarks this morning only to see a message that Furl was being "absorbed" by Diigo. It takes a lot of time to experiment with all the features of web applications and I was just starting to get familiar with Furl.

But my bookmarks were imported into Diigo in about half an hour, so no problems there. I installed the Diigo toolbar and...I'm hooked! I just love the idea of highlighting and commenting on web pages and having easy access to the notes afterwards. I can send web pages directly to Facebook. I have even invited a friend to join - I wasn't much interested in the 'social' aspect of social bookmarking before.

The only drawback I can see at this point is that the Diigo toolbar is not (yet) available for Safari, so as with Zotero, I am forced to use Firefox only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!