Tuesday, April 14, 2009

H809-18. 2000 words: no way, my son

I have written merely the introduction, described the wiki task and very briefly introduced sociocultural theories, and this is already more than 500 words!

I am confused by the contradictions between Daisy's and Vic's advice: Vic gives a suggested outline to deal with all three theories, and Daisy says to deal with a, b OR c. While following Daisy's advice would result in a paper that does not fulfil the criteria of showing how different positions change the research design, following Vic's would result in an extremely long or extremely superficial paper, both of which would be penalised for different reasons.

Well, I guess the university is closed for Easter. I really want to get this paper done, but I have been stopping and starting because I cannot get a definitive answer as to how to write it. This timetable practically encourages us to leave work until the last week when I prefer to work in advance...

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Hi Sonja,
I am SO on the same page! The word limits almost seem to indicate that we're supposed to choose one theory, yet the assessment criteria seem to suggest that we're being assessed on how we compare and contract all three theories within the context of the wiki task. I completely share your perspective about the implications of following either of the two suggestions for structure. They both sounds like very interesting ideas, but neither completely fits given all the mixed messages.
I'm away this weekend so I really was hoping to get a huge chunk of the work out of the way now too. I just don't know where to begin not to waste time and effort.
Well, let's hope for definitive clarification soon...
Good luck!
Katherine

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback!